Saturday, May 28

Wine & Dine


I went to my first vineyard today with my parents in Napa Valley. We went to the Robert Mondavi Winery because it was recommended by the Travel Channel and they also had great reviews from some of our family friends. The vineyard was small compared to the others around Napa but it was beautiful.

There was a homey feel to it as soon as you walked onto the property and the staff was gracious and attentive. I'm not really a big wine drinker but the selections that they had was really tasty. I tried a red Pinot Noir (not my favorite, was a little too musky for me) a Chardonnay (it tasted fruity and had a little zing to it) and a Sauvignon Blanc (tasted clean and light). But my favorite was the Moscato and it was probably the best Moscato I've ever had. Coincidentally they had a special on the Moscato so I bought a bottle that I intend to pop with some of my girl friends next time we have our girls night.

Overall the experience was fun. I like learning and trying new things especially when it comes to food and booze (haha). I would definitely go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! :)