Friday, July 8

The Burning House

If your house was burning and you only had a few minutes to grab a few things, what would you take with you? Would you take only the things that were necessary or would you pick things that had sentimental value to you?

I've always loved seeing the "What's In Your Bag?" posts but the The Burning House takes it to a different level. It's interesting to see the different things people would grab. I think in a way, it says a lot about that person. Just like the website says, "What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities."

1. Keroppi pillow - I've had this pillow since I was a baby. It's tattered, old, and a little bit smelly but I have an attachment to this pillow and it has sentimental value to me.
2. MacBook - I know a laptop is replaceable, but I have many photos and files that are in the computer that are irreplaceable. So this is a definite take.
3. Michael Kors watch - Another piece with sentimental value. My mom gave me this watch and is one of my favorites.
4. Mors lip balm - You always need lip balm!
5. iPhone - An essential for communication.
6. Super sunglasses - One of my first big purchases that I ever made on a pair of sunglasses. Definitely worth the pay, they are my all-time favorite pair.
7. Wallet - This would be one of the first things I would grab. Inside is my ID, passport, SS card, credit cards, etc.
8. My three favorite scarves - I have a little collection of scarves but these three are my favorites. One of them was given to me as a gift from my Aunt who bought it in India and the other two are from my favorite store, Madewell.
9. Autographed book by The Sartorialist - Scott Schuman is an inspiration to me and meeting him was quite an experience. He even signed my book! It's irreplaceable to me. How many people can say that they got to meet him and get his autograph?

2 comments:

  1. Haha this is a neat post! I've never heard of this, but you're right.."burning house" vs "whats in my bag" takes it to a whole 'nother level. Here is a blog I found that you might be interested in. :) And you should follow her, comment, and I'm sure she'd follow you back!

    http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOo I love this idea too - thanks for the introduction to The Burning House!
    I looove your keroppi pillow - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! :)